Thursday, October 16, 2008

CUTENESS

So with the reminder that our country's future may lie in the hands of undecided voters who prefer a coin toss to critical thinking, I thought I'd turn to something a little more uplifting. How about pie?

This is the classic Peach Custard recipe straight out of Joy of Cooking, and it relies on really good ingredients more than skill. Except the crust, that really has to be homemade. I've been using Plugra butter for my baking with grand results; I still use ~1/2 to ~1/3 veggie shortening to get the uber-flaky pastry dough, though.




Speaking of pie, look who's cute as?

Lane was playing with my scarf (look familiar, Jenn? Told you I still have and love it!) and enjoying his new shirt from his first self-chosen live show. If you have a need for children's music that doesn't suck (and really, who doesn't?), then check out The Harmonica Pocket. They not only put on a killer live show for the bairns, but write clever and weird lyrics with complex and kinda of jazz-melodic-harmonic music behind them. Plus one of the singers hula hoops like a fiend. DUDE.






In other news, the Huz and the bairn did FixitStuff around the house and not only did I find how motivational a list is for the Huz, but I caught them in action hard at work.

They're hanging my stainless utensil racks, and Lane's showing his helping hand skills.

1 comment:

jenn stewart said...

Seriously...I almost humped my monitor when I logged on to see that DELICOUS PIEEEEEE!!!

Then, Mr. CutePants and the Green Scarf! How lovely!

'Lo to all there.

*Fort Wayne smooches*