Monday, November 24, 2008

Flour, water, salt, yeast, and maybe olive oil

I am deeply in love with Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. Here's why:

I made bread for Squidlet's school potluck/fall program, even after working til 3 pm:


And then, last night, Alan and I had a hankering for pizza-esque thingies, so I happened to have some olive oil dough prepped, and here's what happened:





And these little puffy bready things are TASTY all by themselves (I'm sure it varies depending on the flavor of olive oil used--I happened to have some really good stuff around). Then we added some roasted garlic olive oil, diced grilled lamb, wilted chard, goats' cheese, and roasted red peppers for this:

And then, after Squid and the Huz chowed through one of these each, we experimented with a tomato chutney and some sardines for this:


So other than the fact that I'm a rotten photog, I hope you get the gist. And if you've ever been afeared of baking bread, it's not so bad.

1 comment:

Ozzie said...

I covet your cooking. I mean, I cook too. But yours sounds so much more... impressive-er.

And I signed up with Google just ta say so. Any more blogorama in the works? Or food?